I still have a great granny, she just turned 90 which most of the family thinks is rather funny as she was adamant she wouldn’t make it past 60, my dad still teases her.
We got a whole heap of sweet potatoes from the farm and while I was interesting ideas I remembered that when my ouma lived with my mom she would often make us soetpatat koekies. Also latkes and other random things where you put vegetables in oil and make them unhealthy hahaha.
Decided Fysh and M need to have some so I sent her a message and got her recipe, thought I’d share it with you :)
Please note I totes screwed it up so my photos don’t look the pretty ones you’ll find on instagram but they still taste freaking amazing.
- Frying pan
- Table Spoon
- 1 kg Sweet Potato
- 400 ml Cake Flour
- 20 ml Baking Powder
- 1 spoon Salt
- 2 Egg
- 500 ml Sunflower oil for frying
- Spice of your choice I used nando spice I found on the shelf
- Peel, cube and boil sweet potatoes till soft
- Mash really well
- Mix with the rest of the ingredients except the oil
- Heat the oil in the frying pan
- Carefully drop spoonfulls of the mix into the oil
- Fry for about 2 minutes or until the shell is a nice golden colour. Make sure to turn them
- Place on a cloth or kitchen towl to drain the oil and voila
- They’re really good with a sriracha mayo sauce or a creamy heart dip.
- You can make them a sweet treat by adding a cinnamon sugar instead of the Nando’s spice and then dipping it in chocolate or whatever afterwards.
UNTIL NEXT TIME…