- 1 ball each of dk yarn in your choice of colours – I chose 3 and alternated them every 2 rows but you could have as many or as few as you wish.
- 1 crochet hook size 4mm
- a large eyed yarn needle to sew up the side at the end
1. sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 3sts, *3sc in next st, sc in next 8sts. Repeat from * 6 times, 3sc in next st, sc in next 4sts to end. ch1 turn2. Skip first sc, *sc into next 4sts, 3sc into next st, sc into next 4sts, skip 2sts. Repeat from * to end. ch1 turn
5. [change colour here] Working into the back loops only, skip 1st st, *sc in next 4sts, 3sc in next st, sc in next 4sts, skip 2sts. Repeat from * to end. ch1 turn
6. Repeat row 5 but work into both loops
7. Repeat rows 3-6 until the work is long enough to cover your kindle (or iPad or whatever you’re making it for).
- Darn in any ends from your colour changes and block press the work gently with an iron
- Fold the work in half with right sides facing and using the corresponding colour yarn, dc along the bottom edge [I crocheted into the ripple to make the bottom a straight edge. I kinda made it up and didn’t write it down but it was something like slip st, sc, dc, hdc, dc, sc, slip stitch]
- I used the ends to crochet the sides together so the colours were corresponding with each layer, it makes a weird zig zag pattern but when you turn it right side out you don’t see it.
And that’s it! took me about 5ish hours to make up mine but I crochet really slow and had a visitor in between. If you make one please tag me (@cupcakemummy on instagram and everywhere else) and # it crochetbycupcake <3